Sunday, October 14, 2007

~ Insomnia can be a good thing ~











I used to think having insomnia was an awful thing to deal with. After many years of trying to fight it every way I knew how. Sleeping pills, herbal remedies, warm milk, reading, a warm shower, etc.. Nothing ever seemed to help me. This past few months I have learned to embrace my insomnia. Maybe it is because with a one year old the wee hours of the night are the only time our home is completely quiet.



I have been able to get some craft projects done in the middle of the night when sleep will not come to me. I thought I would post a few pictures.

I made the frame as a Christmas gift for a very special friend that I met online. Her favorite color is pink so I tried to incorporate some pink vintage "jewels" on it.

I made the mirror for wedding gift for my friends wedding. My friend admired my mirrors and frames a few years ago when I was making them. I am hoping she didn't just say "WoW! I really like your work, those are soooo cool!" just to make me feel good. I have never given a handmade gift as a present for a wedding before. They have everything they want materially, what would could I possibly buy them? I guess I am doubting myself a bit.


If you have a chance drop me a comment and let me know what you think.




















No comments: