Saturday, November 1, 2008

~ My Version of Shepherd's Pie ~

This is a family favorite, easy and delicious, and best of all, I am able to keep it down. That has been a big challenge for me post gastric bypass.

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and drained, season beef with season salt - *can substitute ground turkey for beef
2 cans tomato soup
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can of carrots and peas - drained
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
6 potatoes - peeled, boiled and mashed (I use Yukon Gold potatoes and add a pinch of salt, milk and butter to my mashed potatoes)

Directions
In a 2 quart casserole dish, add cooked ground beef, tomato soup, tomato sauce, carrots & peas, stir until well mixed, top with shredded cheddar cheese, top with mashed potatoes making sure all of the casserole is covered. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

No comments: