Thursday, April 2, 2009

She called me SKINNY!

I saw my niece for the first time in many months and when she saw me she called me skinny! While I will never be skinny, it was a great feeling to be called that......something no one has ever said to me before.

I have lost 162 pounds now and have gone from wearing a size 4X - 5X to a size 18/20 and an XL top. I have gone from a size 11 shoe to a 9.5 shoe. I have lost inches in my height too which I find odd! I used to be 5'6" and now am 5'4.5" tall. I am actually able to shop for some of my clothing on the regular racks instead of the "plus size" section. I have been getting most of my clothing at thrift stores and Goodwill because my body is changing every month and I can't afford to keep replacing my wardrobe. I love thrift stores, I am able to get some incredible deals and some cute clothing.

I am still struggling with my health problems. My sinus surgery is scheduled for May 15th, and while I am scared, I know that I will feel so much better once I get this taken care of. I am longing to feel better. I have been fighting illness for 3 months and it is wearing on me. I am doing my best to remain positive, but, have to admit I am a bit depressed. I have so much more energy and want to feel well enough to do things. I know it is just a matter of time and that I am going to have the best summer ever with my kids, yippee!! Sunshine & Peace, Jen

No comments: