Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack!



Hello Friends! I am back to blogging. Our wonderful Canadian family left last night, it is always sad to see them leave. We never know when we will see them again. I always get emotional and weepy. I really got lucky this time around, I have fantastic inlaws! I had the motherinlawfromhell during my first marriage.

I didn't eat well while our guests were here. I didn't eat badly, I just didn't eat much and I was not any where close to getting in my required 60b grams of protein a day and I can feel it this week. I am pretty dragged out and am starting to get sick again. My weight loss also slowed down because of it. Protein is the key. I am at 156 pounds lost. 40 pounds to go to reach my surgeon's goal, 60 to 70 pounds away til' I reach my personal goal.

Carl took this "after" picture of me this weekend and also a picture of me with my beautiful niece Celena. I am thinking I need a "retake" on my after picture, it seems I am never happy with pictures of myself! It might have helped if I wasn't wearing jeans that are at least 2 sizes too big for me, they are all bagged out and make my legs look so much bigger than they are. I actually have skinny legs now. I am still carrying the bulk of my weight in my stomach. I am hoping that it will go down somewhat after I have my hernia surgery at the end of this month.

I am so thankful that I had my gastric bypass surgery. I have so much more energy now, no more daily naps, no more sitting on my butt all day. RNY Gastric Bypass saved my life, I am sure of it!

3 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Welcome Back Jenn - you were missed! I am so glad you had a great visit with your family, sounds like you really had a great time!
I keep saying this, but you know it's true, I am inspired and moved by you! I'm just so proud of you. Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Christine, you are such a sweetheart. I am blessed to be able to call you my friend. Much love, Jen

Anonymous said...

Jen, love your photos, you are lovely my friend (always have been!).

You've been awarded a blogging triple award...check it out
http://bargainsandblessings.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-was-awarded-this-by-most-treasured.html