Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I've been slacking.....


I admit it, when it comes to blogging, I have been slacking. Those of you who still read my blog probably noticed that it has been several weeks since my last post. Life has just been so busy.

Thankfully I can report we are through all of our health issues here and have just been enjoying summer.

There have been some changes in the household, our beloved Emily decided that she wanted to return to Canada. She missed her Mommy and brothers and her home on the reservation. She returned home two weeks ago, and we miss her terribly here. I am thankful for the time that we had with her, and know that she will return for visits.

Today is a very special day, 21 years ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and now that boy is a man. Happy Birthday to my wonderful son Cody!! I love you so much. "I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living my boy you will be."

I just finished making Carmel Lava Cakes and am making Satay Chicken with Peanut Sauce for his birthday dinner. Those Lava Cakes looks so good....none for me of course! I have now lost 182 pounds and continue to lose, but, now that I am almost one year post gastric bypass the weight loss has slowed down. I hope to lose 48 more pounds.

That is the latest update here... I will do my best to keep up with my blog more often. If only I had a few more hours in the day.... 8-)

Until then, sunshine & peace ~~ Jen



1 comment:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Happy Birthday Cody!
Oh Jen, how wonderful on your weight loss, so very proud of you and encouraged by you.
So glad to hear that you all are enjoying the summer, minus major health issues. That makes my heart happy.

I think you are one special lady and I'm thrilled to call you friend.
Always