Saturday, May 16, 2009

Endoscopic Sinus Surgery OUCH!

I had Endoscopic Sinus Surgery yesterday, the surgery went fine. It was a same day procedure, I was at the hospital for 5 hours. Both my primary doctor and the ear, nose and throat doc said I needed this surgery because of my chronic sinus infections. So much scar tissue was built up in my sinuses that I have had at 1-2 sinus infections a month since December. **be prepared whine to follow ** While the surgery went fine, the post op pain is horrific. I have had my share of surgeries before: 2 c-sections, gallbladder, gastric bypass, deviated septum repair, and foot surgery...to name just a few. I have never experienced this kind of pain and pressure before. It seriously feels like someone kicked me in the nose with a steel toed boot. I have only slept for 3 hours since coming home at 5pm yesterday. The ENT doctors post op care sheet says that the recovery time for this surgery is 5-6 weeks. I sure hope this pain doesn't last that long, I might just go crazy!

No comments: