Thursday, February 12, 2009

Surgery postponed.......

What a scary night! Last night after posting my Wednesday ramblings on my blog, I started coughing........if you are squimish don't read on..... this was not a normal cough. I started coughing up blood. YUCK, I know! It totally freaked me out! I went to see my doc this morning and they did a fun influenza swab to rule out the flu, NO flu for me. I have a severe upper respiratory infection. I am going to be on antibiotics and prednisone for 10 days. My poor hubby, prednisone always makes me a raving lunatic! My hernia surgery has been postponed for at least 30 days so they can be sure the infection is gone and to build my resistance back up. On a good note (I think) I lost 5 pounds since yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, scary, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hate those URIs! Please take care of yourself. I'm a nut on prednisone too, my hubby really steers clear :-) I'm here if you need me.