Thursday, February 5, 2009

Under the knife once more......

I went to see my surgeon yesterday and they scheduled me for my ventral hernia repair on February 20th. I wanted to wait, no, I wanted not to do this at all! I know I have to get it done so I figured I had best not put it off. Things are getting worse lifting Lily every day.

I always get so nervous before surgery, and I have had more than my share of them. I won't bore you with the grizzly details of my past 10 surgeries ....

Part of my nervousness is my panic anxiety kicking in and the other part is the fear of letting go, you know not being in control because I am knocked out by the anesthetic. Does that even make sense? I have this horrible fear of them putting me to sleep and not waking up.

Any good thoughts or prayers you could send my way would be so much appreciated. I have 2 more weeks to think about this and it is going to make me a bit crazy!

Sunshine, Peace and Hugs, Jen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are going to go ahead with it, while the in laws are there, they can take care of lill poo and you

Patty Newbold said...

Sending good thoughts your way. I hope you will allow yourself time for the fear until the surgery -- time for laugh-out-loud movies, time for exercise to burn off adrenalin, time for love.