Sunday, January 4, 2009

Better late than never.........

I figured a good way to move forward into the new year would be to post my accomplishments for 2008 and my goals for 2009. I had planned to post this on the first day of the new year, but, somehow was side tracked.

Highlights for 2008

In July, my wonderful Canadian husband was finally granted a work permit through INS. Although he has not been able to secure full time employment yet due to the terrible economy, he is working part-time and we are one step closer to him obtaining his green card. I never imagined that this process would be so expensive and lengthy.

On July 31st I had my guts resectioned in an attempt to lose weight. The surgery is known as Laproscopic RNY Gastric Bypass. It was a big decision to have the surgery done, but, I knew with my excess weight I was dying a little bit each day. I have had a few small complications but great success! On my 5 month surgiversary on Dec. 31st,2008 I had lost 128 pounds. When you think about it, that is a whole person! WoW!

With the weight loss I have had a big increase in energy and rightly so. I am not carrying such a heavy load on my heart. I started crafting again in the Fall and creating makes me feel so good! I can escape from my pain and worries when I am working on a project. In November & December I sold 10 pieces that I made and that makes me feel great!

On November 3rd my niece Mallory had a beautiful little girl named Skylar Jean. She is such a little angel.

On December 5th my niece Sarah had a beautiful little boy named Connor Seamus. I am looking forward to seeing them and holding Connor soon. I love it when our family grows!

Our Christmas was the best ever due to the kindness of complete strangers. 2008 was a struggle for us financially and people reached out to my family and helped in ways that I will never forget. I have never felt such overwhelming love and my heart is full with love and gratitude. It was a Christmas that will be in our memories forever. I can't wait until we are back up on our feet and I can pay it forward.

2008 brought me many new friends who I hold near and dear to my heart. I am so blessed to have found them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goals for 2009

In 2007 I became an ordained minister (non-denominational) with the idea that once I start feeling better I would be able to officiate weddings. I am hoping now that I have increased energy that I will be able to do just that! Carl will be making me a wedding website and I hope by the summer to start booking dates to officiate weddings. I am very much looking forward to doing this.

I am also going to be working on more arts & crafts projects, I have some awesome ideas in my head waiting to be worked out.

My goal is to lose 90 more pounds. The weight is still coming off at an average of 4-5 pounds per week. It shouldn't take me too long to make my goal.

Another goal is to start feeling better!! I want to get off all of these medications and my c-pap this year.

As always, my number one goal each year is to be the best mom I can be to my kids. They are my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a good plan. Good job, thinkin' ahead, Jen.

Cindy