Sunday, January 11, 2009

~ Pita Chips ~

Upon hearing about my love for Kontos SmartCarb Pitas, the Chef at Kontos sent me some of my favorite SmartCarb Pitas this week. I have lots and lots of pitas here! This morning I decided to make some pita chips and they turned out great. They are perfect with a slice of cheese or lunch meat on top or for dipping in your favorite dip. Best of all, they are healthy and delicious!

INGREDIENTS
1 pkg of Kontos SmartCarb Pita Bread
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon season salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles. Place triangles on lined cookie sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, pepper, onion powder, season salt, and garlic salt. Brush both sides of each triangle with oil mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Watch carefully, as they tend to burn easily!

1 comment:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

These sound fantastic! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I love when you do that!

:)