Sunday, January 4, 2009

~ Luvey's Greek Veggie Pitas ~

I haven't made my Greek Veggie Pita Sandwiches in awhile because with my carb restricted diet I wasn't sure how I would be able to eat the pita part of the sandwich. While I was out grocery shopping today I stumbled across Kontos Smart Carb Pitas, boy, was I excited! I LOVE Kontos pitas and flatbreads and couldn't wait to get home to try the SmartCarb Pita because one thing I really miss about this diet is not being able to eat bread. Kontos SmartCarb Pita Bread did not disappoint! It was tasty, fluffy and soft.....ohhhh and healthy too. It just doesn't get much better than that. Without further ado.....here is the recipe for Luvey's Greek Veggie Pitas.

Ingredients:
1 package of Kontos SmartCarb Pita or Pre-oiled Greek Bread
1 package of Fresh Spinach - washed and drained
1/2 of a seedless cucumber - peeled and diced
1/2 of a red onion - diced
2 Roma Tomatoes - diced
1 can of sliced black olives *You may substitute greek olives
1 package of feta cheese
Greek Vinagrette Salad Dressing

In a medium sized bowl (I use a small tupperware container w/a lid to save leftovers)
Mix together diced cucumber, diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion and sliced black olives, add 1/4 cup of Greek Vinagrette Dressing and lightly toss.

Lightly warm your pita bread. I put them in the microwave one at a time for about 15 seconds. It makes them easier to fold.

On your warm pita bread, add a thin layer of fresh spinach and top with the veggie mixture, then add some crumbled Feta cheese on top. Add a bit more Greek Vinagrette if you like. Fold and eat! Soooooo simple and sooooooo yummy!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I even sae carb friendly tortilla;s so you could have the tacos and burritos and stuff too