Monday, January 26, 2009

Easy & Delicious (or so I am told) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies


Even though I can no longer eat desserts unless they are sugar free and low carb, I still enjoy baking and making them for family and friends. I am always on the look out for easy, delicious desserts to bring to family parties and cookouts. Over the years, I have become the "dessert queen". I am the one who is always designated to make dessert, oh, and salads too. I make a mean pasta salad, will save that for another post.

While reading on one of my most favorite sites on the internet www.thepioneerwoman.com, I found a link for a blog http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ and there I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies, the recipe can be found on The Betty Crocker website as well.

I made these brownies over the weekend and they got rave reviews. In fact, the pan only lasted one day. They devoured them! I don't know why I tempt myself.......I really, really wanted one. I mean REALLY. Darn head hunger. I am so proud of myself, not even a nibble did I take.

If you want something special to make for your family and friends, the kind that will get you ooohhhhs and ahhhhs this recipe is sure to please. It is so simple too. Hide those Betty Crocker packages and they will never know you didn't make it from scratch!

1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
1/3
cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting







Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™




1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
2. Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Frost with frosting. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.





3 comments:

LiveLaughLoveCj said...

Oh My.... do these sound amazing!I know they will be a big hit for an upcoming birthday in this house! They always ask for brownies of different kinds I make, this will be something new to make and throw into my recipe box
Thanks Jenn for sharing and way to go on not giving in to that dang head hunger! Proud of you! :)
(((hugs)))

Becky said...

oh those do sound really good, except I think I'm going to substitute peanut butter cookie mix..I'll let you know how it goes.

Jennifer said...

What a great idea Becky! Let me know how they turn out. I like the whole peanut butter cup taste idea, even if I can't eat them! 8)